Saturday, March 31, 2012

For Tee



My newest doll video, Sunday Morning, took one day instead of one year.  It's in honor of my friend, Tee Corinne, a lesbian photographer, writer, artist, cultural worker, life artist.
Years ago, Tee gave me the doll with the greyish-blond hair; she had rescued her from a thrift shop and made her tiny kimono.   ...And the Rosie doll has always reminded me a bit of Tee, something about the way she smiles.  Tee is embodied by Rosie; but in fact, she would have been the one wearing a kimono; so a bit of her is in each of them.  ...No real story here, just a morning breakfast, and two women who can't seem to stop smiling.
Music by Margie Adams
Sunday Morning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a retired philosophy teacher; now I can play. I photograph dolls, I write (am just finishing a book called TENDERLY: Lesbian Meditations on Deborah Kerr). And I hope to create & sell recorded books for women.